Advanced Role Development in Nursing Essay Assignment
- The purpose of this assignment is to explore the role of the advanced professional nurse in depth as she /he functions in the context of the institution in which he/she is employed. Compare and contrast the observed /evaluated role to that cited in professional guidelines, theory, and research.
a. Develop an Interview Guide with 10 questions, which reflect the topics reviewed in the course such as: professional expectations, health policy, reimbursement, professional role history, theoretical foundations of research and EBP, ethics in healthcare, leadership, interprofessional collaboration, and/or any other relevant issues that affect the professional role. Advanced Role Development in Nursing Essay Assignment
b. Using the developed interview guide, schedule an interview with an advanced professional nurse to learn about their role within the health care system. Please include the interview questions in your paper (see APA 6th ed. for guidelines to writing an interview). Prior to the interview, review the mission, vision, and goals of this agency. Does this professional nurse carry out the mission, vision, and goal of the agency and how?
This paper should be 5 pages and NO MORE than 5 pages (excluding title page, abstract, and reference page) and include.Advanced Role Development in Nursing Essay Assignment
• Title page
• Interview (include questions)
• Reference page (minimum of 4 references, excluding your text)
APA 6th ed. is the required format, double-spaced, 12 point font.
APN to be a Psychiatric nurse practitioner for this case
Exploring the role of the APN/Interview questions: You will be exploring the role of the advanced professional nurse in depth as you interview an APN in his or her role. Remembering there are many different roles the APN plays. You will compare and contrast their role to what you have learned so far in your readings. Is the interviewee role similar to or as described in your readings of the APN. How does the APN view their role in the care of patients?Advanced Role Development in Nursing Essay Assignment
(1) Abstract: Explain the purpose of the interview and how you think it pertains to the APN
(2) Introduction: Introduce your interviewee and his/her position, qualifications, background and why you choose that person. Why do you feel the person is suitable to answer your questions? Introduction should be one paragraph
(3) Interview: (a) Write out the questions, remember to use leading questions, (b) Use quotes, rather than paraphrasing the interviewee replies
(4) Conclusion: A summary of the interview
(5) References: Can be use in the abstract, introduction and conclusion
Here are some sample questions:
What motivate you to become an APN, and choose your specialty as an APN?Advanced Role Development in Nursing Essay Assignment
Describe your current position, what part of your current/role or duties do you enjoy most?
Describe your academic and professional nursing background.
What qualities do you feel are most important to the APN?
Describe your collaboration with other health team members. What are the benefits?
What are some of the challenges APN's face/what challenges do you envision for APN's in the future?
What are some of the current challenges in the profession, and how have you address them?
Was it difficult leaving your comfort zone as a nurse to become an APN?Advanced Role Development in Nursing Essay Assignment
The role of the APN integrates autonomy, diverse patient care management, and core competencies, how easy is it to achieve these attributes of the APN role?
Does your role as an APN provide you with the ability to correlate and apply different concepts encompassing the profession?
Given the changing climate of healthcare, how do you envision your role as an APN changing the future?
What is your view on insurance companies recognition of the APN?Advanced Role Development in Nursing Essay Assignment
How do you feel about the pros and cons of the DNP as a terminal degree for the APN?
How do you think the passing of the recent healthcare bill will affect the healthcare profession?
To what extent do you see your real practice following theory and literature?Advanced Role Development in Nursing Essay Assignment