Clinical Supervision Discussion Assignment
Discussion: Clinical Supervision
Clinical Supervision is an essential component of your development as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. It provides an opportunity for professional collaboration as you share experiences with and gain insights from colleagues. For this Clinical Supervision, consider a client whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes. Clinical Supervision Discussion Assignment
- Analyze clients presenting for treatment of anxiety disorders
- Evaluate effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for clients diagnosed with an anxiety disorder
- Review this week’s Learning Resources concerning treating patients with anxiety disorders.
- Reflect on a child or adolescent client you are currently counseling or have previously counseled at your practicum site who has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit! Clinical Supervision Discussion Assignment
By Day 3
Post a 3- to 5-minute Kaltura video in which you do the following:
- Describe the client. Note:Do not use the client’s actual name.
- Explain your therapeutic approach with the client, including the perceived effectiveness of your approach.
- Identify any additional information about this client that may potentially impact expected outcomes. Clinical Supervision Discussion Assignment
Note: Nurse practitioners must have strong oral communication skills. This Discussion is designed to help you hone these skills. When filming your Kaltura video, be sure to dress and speak in a professional manner.
View a selection of your colleagues' responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues by suggesting an alternate therapeutic approach. Support your feedback with evidence-based literature and/or your own experiences with clients. Clinical Supervision Discussion Assignment