Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory Paper
While cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) have many similarities, they are distinctly different therapeutic approaches. When assessing clients and selecting one of these therapies, you must recognize the importance of not only selecting the one that is best for the client, but also the approach that most aligns to your own skill set. For this Assignment, as you examine the similarities and differences between CBT and REBT, consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your clients.
- Compare cognitive behavioral therapy and rational emotive behavioral therapy
- Recommend cognitive behavioral therapies for clients
- Review the media in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on the various forms of cognitive behavioral therapy.
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following:
- Briefly describe how cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) are similar.Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory Paper
- Explain at least three differences between CBT and REBT. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a mental health counselor.
- Explain which version of cognitive behavioral therapy you might use with clients and why. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK4Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment 1 Rubricto review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment 1link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK4Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory Paper