Gender Dysphoria in Child and Adolescent Essay
- Gender dysphoria in child and adolescent
• Write your selected disorder in the subject line of your Discussion post.
• Explain the psychological issues that may result from your topic.
• Describe the most effective assessment measure that could be used, and explain why you selected this.
• Explain the treatment options available for children and adolescents involved with your selected disorder.
• Explain how culture may influence treatment.
Please use the following 3 references and 2 more of APA 6th approved sources within 5 years Please
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
• Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 600- 607)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Practice Parameter on Gay, Lesbian, or Bisexual Sexual Orientation, Gender Nonconformity, and Gender Discordance in Children and Adolescents
JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF CHILD & ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY VOLUME 51 NUMBER 9 SEPTEMBER 2012.Gender Dysphoria in Child and Adolescent Essay