Informatics Week Five Discussion Assignment
From the National Health Information Infrastructure (NHII) legislation of the 1990s to current day Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) legislation and the health information technology, the NHII continues to evolve, but at a more rapid pace. Part of that evolution has included not only the public and private health infrastructure development between the health providers, CDC, and the states but also many nongovernment partners, such as the commercial MEDLINE Plus, the Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research (AHQR), and many more. Informatics Week Five Discussion Assignment
- Consider the NHII’s evolution and its achievements over the last two decades and share your understanding of its many components and how they work together to provide greater access to health information.
- How is that information used to build healthier communities
- What are the key drivers in the evolution of the NHII?
- How do you envision the NHII will evolve and function in the coming years? Informatics Week Five Discussion Assignment
You may review the following resources:
- Cusack, C. M., Hripcsak, G., Bloomrosen, M., Rosenbloom, S. T., Weaver, C. A., Wright, A., . . . Mamykina, L. (2013). The future state of clinical data capture and documentation: A report from AMIA's 2011 policy meeting. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 20, 134–140. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3555335/pdf/amiajnl-2012-001093.pdf
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (n.d.). National guideline clearinghouse. Retrieved from http://www.guideline.gov/
- CDC. (2013). National notifiable diseases surveillance system (NNDSS): Data collection and reporting. Retrieved from http://wwwn.cdc.gov/nndss/script/DataCollection.aspx
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). The national health information infrastructure (NHII): Site index. Retrieved from http://aspe.hhs.gov/sp/nhii/siteindex.html. Informatics Week Five Discussion Assignment
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Health information privacy: HITECH act enforcement interim final rule. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/administrative/enforcementrule/hitechenforcementifr.html
- HealthIT.gov (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.healthit.gov/
- Write your response in a minimum of 300–400 words, providing relevant references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Respond to at least two students’ postings.
- By the due date assigned, respond to the assigned discussion question and submit your responses to the appropriate topic in the Discussion Area. Informatics Week Five Discussion Assignment
- By the end of the week , review and respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings. Participate in the discussion by analyzing each response for completeness and accuracy and by suggesting specific additions or clarifications for improving the discussion question response. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. They should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources. Informatics Week Five Discussion Assignment