Migraine Headache Assignment
Discussion: Diagnosing and Managing Common Cardiovascular and Neurologic Conditions
Cardiovascular and neurologic conditions are among the leading causes of death and hospitalization of women in the United States (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2008a). As an advanced practice nurse, you must routinely monitor patients at risk of these conditions and recommend the appropriate health screenings and preventive services. When assessing patients for these conditions, it is important to keep in mind that while some female patients might present with typical signs and symptoms, others might present with atypical signs and symptoms that are unique to women.Migraine Headache Assignment. For this Discussion, consider signs and symptoms presented by the women in the following case study three below and develop differential diagnoses:
Case Study 3
A 32-year-old Asian American female is in the clinic for a history of recurrent headaches for the past year, occurring monthly, lasting up to 12–18 hours. The headaches are sometimes associated with photophobia, nausea, and vomiting. She takes either acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief that is not always successful. She uses Ortho Tricyclin for birth control. Her physical exam is within normal limits.
To prepare: Addressed each of the bullets with a subtopic, all the references used must have an in-text citation in each paragraph. All Articles used should come from USA and must be within last four years only that is from 2014 to 2018. Please do not begin a paragraph with author name(s) (PLEASE USE parenthetical/in-text citations)Migraine Headache Assignment
• Analyze the patient information CASE STUDY THREE
• Consider three differential diagnoses for the patient in the case study three above( THREE DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSES ARE 1. Migraine Headache, 2. Viral Meningitis, 3. Brain Tumor )
• Explain which is most likely diagnosis for the patient and why ( THE MOST LIKELY DIAGNOSIS OF THIS PATIENT IS MIGRAINE HEADACHE THAT MUST BE USED)
• Reflect on two appropriate clinical guidelines.
• Explain the treatment and three management plans for the patient in case study three.
• Be sure to consider appropriate dosages for any recommended pharmacologic and/or nonpharmacologic treatments.
• Explain three strategies for educating patient on the treatment and management of the migraine headache
INSTRUCTIONS THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED
• FOUR Full -text articles published with last 4 years must be used to address these bullet points above. The FOUR articles chosen must have doi number and the link of the articles must be visible for the instructor
• These textbook below can be used if available
Schuiling, K. D., & Likis, F. E. (2017)Migraine Headache Assignment. Women’s gynecologic health (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. (PLEASE WHEN CITING INTEXT CITATION ON THESE TEXTBOOKS PLEASE PUT THE PAGE NUMBER TOO)
• The writer should have a wide knowledge in this COURSE and NO QUOTATIONS SHOULD BE USED IN THIS ASSIGNMENT.
• NB: MY PROFESSOR AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THE FOUR ARTICLES ONLINE AND NO PURCHASE ARTICLE S ARE REQUIRED BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ABLE TO FIND THE ARTICLES. THE FOUR ARTICLES MUST BE ABLE TO OPEN ONLINE WITHOUT PURCHASING.Migraine Headache Assignment