NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use this to write your paper. You will include the information from Milestone 1, your practice issue and evidence summary worksheets, as you compose this proposal. Your plan is to convince your management team of a practice problem you have uncovered that is significant enough to change current practice.NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
What is the nursing practice issue you have identified related to the topic you have chosen?
In adults patients with indwelling urinary catheter. Does the implementation of nursing patient care policy and procedure compared to a no patient care policy, decrease the risk of catheter associated urinary tract infection during hospital stay
- The format for this proposal will be a paper following the Publication manual of APA6 th
- The paper is to be a minimum of 4 pages excluding the Title page and Reference page.
- As you organize your information and evidence, include the following topics.NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
- Introduction:Write an introduction but do not use "Introduction" as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63). Introduce the reader to the plan with evidence-based problem identification and solution.
- Change Model Overview: Overview of the ACE Star model (the model we have been discussing this session); PLEASE CHECK THE “ ACE-STAR-MODEL” FILE FOR MORE INFORMATION; define the scope of the EBP; identify the stakeholders, and determine the responsibility of the team members.
- Evidence: Conduct internal and external searches of evidence; integrate and summarize the evidence summary worksheet from Milestone 1; develop a recommendation for change.NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
- Translation: develop a hypothetical action plan; include measurable outcomes, reporting to stakeholders; identify next steps and disseminate the findings.
- Conclusion: Provide a clear and concise summary, inclusive of the problem issue, the five points of the ACE Star change model; and ways to maintain the change plan.
- Citations and Referencesmust be included to support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. In-text citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, "How do I know this?" and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means using peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
- Tables and Figures may be addedas appropriate to the project. They should be embedded within the body of the paper (see your APA manual for how to format and cite). Creating tables and figures offers visual aids to the reader and enhances understanding of your literature review and design for change.NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
Your title here
This paragraph(s) is to introduce the paper. State the problem and potential solutions backed by evidence. Briefly, introduce the nursing focused plan. Remember this is a scholarly APA assignment so you cannot use first person. Remember also that you will keep all the bolded headings and just remove the non-bolded content when you start your paper.
Change Model Overview
In this first paragraph, provide an overview of the ACE Star model Evidence-Based Practice Process. Feel free to state why nurses should use this model as a guide to facilitate change. Under each of the second level headers listed below, you now link your identified topic to the ACE Star model EBP Process.
Define the Scope of the EBP
Restate your practice issue. Why is this a problem? Give statistics and information to back the scope of the problem at your facility/work area. How does this problem impact healthcare on a broader scale?
You will be the leader of the team since this is your project. Who will you also include in your team? Make sure you choose relevant stakeholders. You should have no more than eight members. Do not list your team members by name but instead by position (pharmacists, charge nurse, etc.).NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
Determine Responsibility of Team Members
Why are the members chosen important to your project? What are their roles?
Conduct internal/ external search for evidence. What type of evidence did you find in addition to you Evidence Summary? EBP guidelines? Quality improvement data? Position statements? Clinical Practice Guidelines? Briefly discuss the strength of this research. This is not where you describe the results of your studies. This is done in the following steps.
Summarize the Evidence
In this section, you need to synthesize the information from the systematic review article. What are some of the evidence-based interventions you discovered in your Evidence Summary that do you plan to use? Be sure and cite all of your references, in proper APA format, from any and all articles into this one paragraph.
Develop Recommendations for Change Based on Evidence
What is your recommendation based on the research? Ideally, you will have found enough support in your evidence to proceed with implementing your pilot program.NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
You have not implemented your project yet, therefore, this section will be hypothetical. Develop your plan for implementation. What are the specific steps you will take to implement your pilot study? What is the timeline for your plan? Make sure you include a plan for evaluation of outcomes and method to report the results.NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
Process, Outcomes Evaluation and Reporting
What are the desired outcomes? How will they be measured? How will you report the results to the key stakeholders?
Identify Next Steps
How will you implement the plan on a larger scale? Will this be applicable to other units or the facility as a whole? What will you do to ensure that the implementation becomes permanent?
How will you communicate your findings internally (within your organization) and externally (to others outside of your organization)?NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper
Provide a clear and concise summary. Review the key aspects of the problem as well as the change model. Be sure to include important aspects of the five points of the ACE Star change model EBP process and ways to maintain the change plan.
NR451 Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections Paper