Obesity Neglect - Article Critique Paper
Journal Article Critiques
These critiques should be between 1.5 and 2 pages, double-spaced, in Times New Roman (12 point) font, and with 1” margins on all sides. Please include and APA style cover page, page numbers and headers/sub headers, in text citations, and works cited page. Obesity Neglect - Article Critique Paper
Summary: The summary should be between 1 and 2 paragraphs. This should briefly explain the authors’ purpose(s), method, and results (main findings in your own words. No numbers.) Keep the summary informative, but concise (less than a page).
Critique: You should critique the articles based on the following criteria. Be sure to completely and concisely address each point. Remember this should be a critical assessment or the study (objective). DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR OPINION. Paraphrase , no direct quotes.Obesity Neglect - Article Critique Paper
1. Purpose/Research Question: Determine the authors’ purpose of the research and state it in your own words. Comment on how clearly this was presented in the article.
2. Method: Comment on how appropriate the method used was for addressing the purpose. State if the method was employed effectively.
3. Evidence of Support: Examine the method and results of the article and determine if they helped the authors effectively address the purpose presented. Also discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence and the study as a whole.Obesity Neglect - Article Critique Paper
4. Real World Application: After reading the discussion section summarize any real world implications the authors suggest. Also give your own suggestions for the real world application of the study and its’ findings.
5. Recommendations: Determine who might benefit from the article, what the benefit may be, and the importance of the benefit. Here you may summarize your subjective judgments of the work and suggestions on how to improve or extend the work. Obesity Neglect - Article Critique Paper